Already have a Username/Password for International Journal of Multicultural Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is prepared in Microsoft Word document file format (DOC or DOCX) following the format of the IJME Article Template (Word Format). If the template provides insufficient information about the styles of other specifics, follow the most recent edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (currently the 6th edition). If the submission is not properly formatted, it will not be processed. For proposals of special issues, please follow specifications provided in the call for papers or the call for proposals.
- The submission reporting an original study that engaged human subjects shows evidence that the studies were conducted in accordance with ethical research standards (e.g., Institutional Review Board approval, consent by participants, etc.).
- A full-text article is within the limit of 4,000-6,000 words (the word limit does not apply to the abstract, five key words, reference list, endnotes, and appendices).
- The submission is written in English without highly technical terms or professional jargon and for the global audience devoid of localized acronyms. For special bilingual issues, a submission prepared in a designated language will be accepted, reviewed, and published in its original language.
- Five keywords (preferrably no more than 2 words for each keyword) are provided beneath the Abstract. This list of keywords are consistent with the metadata.
- An abstract of 75-100 words is included for all types of scholarly articles. For a non-English submission to a special bilingual issue, an abstract must be presented in both English and a designated language.
- To include a copyrighted text of more than 500 words (the APA guidelines), the author has to demonstrate that he/hse has secured written permission from the copyright holder of the text. IJME will not be responsible for the cost incurred as a result of the permission.
- Metadata is provided for the submission. Complete all items in the metadata incuding the author bio and keywords.
- If submitting a full-text article to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review are followed. The submission is separated from the author statement or any other author identification. If this guideline is not followed. the submission will be returned to the author.
- When open-access versions are available, the URLs are provided to help access references online.
- The author submits a declaration, in a separate file, that the submission is solely his/her original work. Follow the instruction provided in the IJME Article Template (Word Format) to prepare this declaration and submit it as a supplementary document.
- The author profile is completed or updated. The correspoding author is identified. The contact addresses of ALL authors (preferrably institutional address) are provided. These addresses will be published with the article if it is accepted for publication.
So that you as author and we as publisher may be protected from the consequences of unauthorized use of the contents of your work, we require, as a condition of publication, that you assign us all rights, including subsidiary rights, to your work. This will enable us to promote and distribute the contribution in professionally appropriate venues. You will have nonexclusive license to use your work without charge and without further permission, after it has been published by IJME, in any book you write or edit or your personal website. In such a case, you must acknowledge IJME as the site of original publication. Content is free for personal use. Persons who wish to reproduce any content from IJME that exceeds fair use guidelines must a) seek copyright from IJME (email@example.com); and b) acknowledge IJME as the site of original publication.
Sample acknowledgement: "Reprinted with permission from IJME. Original publication in International Journal of Multicultural Education [the URL of the article]"
Author Responsibilities: Authors are responsible for securing permission for excerpts, images, and data from copyrighted materials or materials in private collections.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.